Monday, May 16, 2011

23.

Well, they're done. Exams finito forever, college over. The only thing I'm lacking is the apparent Future Plans of my classmates, who were full of talk of TEFLs and trips to Asia and Masters'. I chickened out on further education for now, mainly because I haven't the slightest notion what it is I want to do. And so I turn to the job option.

 I had a trial in an Italian restaurant the past two nights, and they've rostered me on for a couple of more days during the week, so fingers crossed. I managed not to fuck up any orders despite not a word of the menu being in English, and although I did nearly drop a hot plate on a lady (nobody else saw, therefore it did not happen - That would have been awkward) they've asked me back. The owner wasn't there however, which is why I ended up doing the 25 minute walk home in the dark last night swinging a bottle of beer and a free pizza. She's back from Italy at the end of the week, and then her judging eyes will decide my fate. Pressure on.


In other news, I finally got around to watching the film Buried during the week, after hearing about it for quite a while. Wow. I admit I didn't expect much from a film about a guy in a box, but it's great, lots of suspense, and that guy from all those awful chick flick films can actually act. Who knew.






Apologies Ryan Reynolds. I didn't mean it. I love you. 

3 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing your exams, and college for that matter! i can't until i'm finished after this week (granted i'm graduating high school, so i have many more exams ahead of me).
    good luck on getting the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, good luck with finishing high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your exams! I'm just finishing up my Masters...and I'm CLUELESS as of what to do next - so you're def not alone! Congrats on the job! x

    ReplyDelete