Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lately I can't sleep. Or rather, there were several nights where I couldn't and now I'm in a terrible cycle of sleeping into the afternoon and being wide awake most of the night.









I felt a bit tired the other day, having been out the night before, so I decided going to bed at ten and getting a full nights sleep would cure me once and for all. I awoke, feeling completely refreshed, to realise it was only gone HALF ELEVEN. And of course, sleep did not come again for hours and hours and hours. AAAAH.










I know exactly what I need to do. I need to force myself to get up early, be shattered for a whole day, get a full night's sleep and be a freshed-face scamp by the time the following morning comes. Trouble is, however much I intend on doing this, once that alarm goes off to awaken me, I find myself justifying more sleep over most things, however important. Actually, half the time I turn off the alarm in my sleep.









I'm going to have to make concrete morning plans. Something I can't get out of. An appointment? I'm not sick though. Maybe a breakfast date with a friend who'll get a bit narky if I don't show? Hmmm. I'm not sure I should try and trick Morning Me, she's outsmarted me every step so the way so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment